Weekend in Review

I have not fallen off the face of the earth!  I have had a busy few days and just have not quite made it to writing.  I have meant well, thought about you, even considered what I would write about, but in the end when the choice came down to writing or going to bed, the bed always won out! 

Friday, baseball boy woke up sick!  Poor little fellow felt awful!  Football boy did school, but B.B. just laid around all day.  He never ate a thing and never told any stories about T.V. shows or commercials: both signs of near death to him!  Friday night, Tigerfan and I had to sell Telecom Pioneer cookbooks at the Holiday Mart.  Nana kept the kids and we went to work!  I think we did pretty well.  In our 2 hour time slot, we sold 3 cookbooks.  I bought one, the lady working with us bought one, and a lady whose husband retired from the phone company bought one.  I really believe I have a future in sales!  When we got home, I decided to begin work on Dancer’s Christmas outfit.  Tigerfan had picked out the appropriate purple and gold fabric and I had it all washed and ironed up.  I had bought a pattern for an A-line dress that I was going to try to shorten and use as the top and use the pant pattern from Aimee.  The dress pattern seemed simple enough, so I got busy.  I cut out, sewed ruffles, and then realized that the material for the top was really too thin and needed a liner.  This would be fine…if I knew how to make a liner…I don’t!  But, how hard could it be?  Another little bump in the road is that I had no liner material.  Not to be discouraged I went hunting and found a similar fabric to what I was using that was left over from a mat cover I once made.  I began contstruction.  Remember, I have no idea how to make a liner…but I forged bravely ahead.  After ripping out my efforts approximately three times, I had an inspiration.  When I had sewn a diaper bag for Dancer, I had just made another bag and sewed it inside to make the liner!  So…if I just made another dress and sewed it inside the original, that would make the liner.  I later confirmed that this was, in fact, correct when I looked on the internet (why didn’t I do that two hours earlier?).  The problem with this was that I really didn’t have enough of the liner material, so even though I sewed it like the first dress, it was a little smaller and when I tried to attach it, it made the original dress bunch all up in a very unattractive manner.  By this time it was 2:00 a.m. and I frankly did not care anymore.  I decided to leave it for another day and went to bed. 1 hour beore Tigerfan and football boy got up to go deer hunting. (ugh!)

Saturday, B.boy and Dancer got up at 7:30 a.m.–why me?  B.B. was feeling much better and actually ate a little bit.  I had a faculty luncheon for the teachers/staff of the tutorial.  I didn’t think I was going to get to go, but B. was feeling so much better, I went on.  We had a great time and a great meal.  The mighty hunters returned while I was gone.  Papaw saw 16 deer and 3 or 4 bucks but left them for the kiddos.  Tigerfan and Football boy saw a dog and I think a coyote!  They were bored to death!  Thnakfully, LSU pulled out another win to soothe over frayed nerves.  We went to eat with Nana and Papaw and went home to get ready for bed. 

Sunday was a normal church day and yesterday we had our normal, busy Monday.  I tried to vaccuum the house and got about half way through downstairs (why does this job seem so difficult?)  I still have not pulled out my last attempt at the dress to fix it, I have not cleaned the bathrooms in days, there is laundry and ironing all over my living room and at 8:00 this morning I still have two children in bed, no beds made,vaccumming to do, Christmas shopping to finish and Thanksgiving food to prepare (although I have no idea what I am supposed to be making), oh, yeah, and school. 

I also realized this morning that I have carried this baby 2 days longer than I did Dancer girl!  Wow, that is hard to believe.  Maybe that explains my crazed desire to HAVE THIS BABY!  It really is a non-issue that I still have 5 weeks before my actual due date–I am ready NOW!  Patience is not one of my strong points.  My last shot is tomorrow and I would be lying if I said there is not a little piece of me that would like to just skip the injection and go find me a little dose of pitossin, but I am going to be good, try to have a positive attitude and try to finish up my Christmas shopping.  I have yet to pack a bag, I am afraid I might jinx any chance of going early, but other than that, I think we are ready.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to move things along, feel free to give suggestions.  And, yes, I am fully aware that I still have a long time before the blessed event is supposed to occur…but hey, one can hope!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: